Monday, 10 August 2015

Week Five: Critique Continued


Overnight I created some new concepts based on the feedback that I had gained from Tulia, where I took what she said into consideration and applied it to some new concepts, that didn't stray too far from my original, because I did like the overall look in the originals. Below is what I came up with. 



I then took all these concepts to Matt to gain some further feedback and again a fresh eye other than my own. I explained what Tulia said, and Matt agreed, there was too much trying to be said in my previous poster's. I also came to the realisation that in the first concept (labelled 1) of these ones is just the same, repeating myself but without the cups, so I ditched this and moved on. The feedback led me to the 4th concept (labelled 2), where I just need to experiment a little more with composition and style. Where I also need to bring in some additional text as a call to action, because I have the main text, some sub-text/tagline and now I need more of an explanation that tells the view what to do. 

Furthermore, I became confused about what to do with my second poster now, where I couldn't quite do the 'our cup of tea' vs 'not our cup of tea' anymore. It then became clear to me that all I needed to do is do the 'not our cup of tea' in two ways. Again, I was over complicating it. So I looked back at a few of my old concepts and found this one. 


Which kid of resembles God save the queen from the Sex Pistols..


So I decided I would take these two concepts, mash them together, and this would be my second poster concept. 




No comments:

Post a Comment