Research for new body copy:
This is the first time in history that all New Zealanders will have a say in the design of the NZ flag.
All New Zealanders enrolled to vote will be asked to take part in two referendums.
Referendum One
20 November – 11 December 2015
You’ll be asked to rank the four flag alternatives selected by the Panel. Rather than picking one favourite, you’ll be ranking the flag options from your most preferred to your least preferred.
Referendum Two
3 March – 24 March 2016
You’ll be asked to choose between the current New Zealand Flag and the preferred alternative design selected in the first referendum. The results of both referendums are binding. This means the flag with the most votes in the second referendum will be the official flag of New Zealand. There will be full instructions in your voting pack for both referendums, so you’ll get all the information you need to help you complete your voting papers.
To take part you must be correctly enrolled before voting starts. You're eligible to enrol and vote in the referendums if you:
- will be 18 years or older when voting begins, and
- are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, and
- have lived in New Zealand for more than one year continuously at some time in your life.
We believe that the time has come for New Zealanders to choose a flag which represents New Zealanders as we see ourselves today - to respect and reflect our history as a nation, to represent us to others as we would we would like them to see us and, importantly, to carry us forward with our hopes and aspirations for New Zealand's future.
New Zealanders have never voted for their flag. After a couple of hundred years we believe it is time New Zealanders chose their own flag.
...show each other and the world how we are growing up!
Written Body Copy:
The time has come for New Zealander's to choose a flag which represents us as we see ourselves. To show our true identity, and be proud of it. Have your say during the first Referendum on 20th November – 11th December 2015.
Development screenshots of poster 1:
Throughout my development process I took screenshot of each page I had created in Indesign, by doing it this way I could see the changes that I had made throughout the process. This advanced me in my project by enabling me to see what had been done, and what changes I'd made and whether or not it had improved or not.
From here I felt as though I was pretty happy with the last concept that I had done, so I printed it out, stuck it up on the wall and critiqued it a much as I could. I took these notes down, and will now apply them to the Indesign file in order to finish this poster.
One of the notes had to do with the small body copy, where I have changed some of the words in order to make it more to the point and make more sense.
Refined body copy:
The time has come for New Zealander's to choose a flag that represents us, where we are proud to show our true identity. Have your say during the first referendum on 20th November – 11th December 2015.
Most developed poster:
Development screenshots of poster 2:
From here I took the most recent development and printed it out, where I then stuck it up on the wall and made further critique. The critique was mostly to do with editing the graphic components. However, I want to keep experimenting with the composition to see if I can push it even further.
Once the experimenting had finished and I was happy with one design, I refined it a little and got it ready to send to the printers..







No comments:
Post a Comment