Thursday, 30 July 2015

Week Three: Intrim Critique

Once my 4 concepts were decided upon and rendered digitally, I presented them to the class during our intrim, where I spoke a little about them and gained feedback from the class and lecturer. This process advanced me in my project as it was beneficial to see what my fellow classmates had to say, where I got to see how they interpreted my message and what ideas they had that would further my concepts. Furthermore, when presenting my work I had to clearly state what the poster was communicating, which was also a beneficial way to see whether I had got too lost in metaphors and design and whether my poster had a clear message to convey. 

Whilst I was presenting to the class, I also took notes, where the class was leaning toward three of the posters, ditching the boat one. 


And then I brainstormed the pros, cons and potential:



The following day I talked to Matt to see what poster he was leaning toward/ had the most potential because I had reached a stage where I had been looking at the posters too much to make a decision on what one I believed worked the best.  Also because the class, during the intrim, didn't make a decision on one particular poster either. This was beneficial to me because after analysing my designs too long it was good to get a second set of eyes to analyse them and asked me what they meant etc. From this we found that the poster that represented independence had the most potential to work with, along with the best idiom "not our cup of tea". From here I will look into other perspectives and ways to get present this idea. 



No comments:

Post a Comment