Monday, 20 July 2015

Week One: Initial Thumbnails


Once, I had researched into the topic of Flag Change vs No Flag Change I then came to the conclusion that I was going to portray pro flag change in my poster.  I then took inspiration from the initial brainstorms, wordlists and the research I had undertaken and generated some initial thumbnails around my topic. Before these thumbnails I also created another brainstorm around Flag Change, where this time the net was cast very wide, where any word that popped into my head was written down. This meant that I could draw on any of these weird or unusual words for further inspiration, that where 'out of the box' and unique. 


My quick initial sketches around Flag Change 



From here I then took 4 concepts from the brainstorm above, for these 4 concepts I then generated 10 thumbnail sketches for each.




This task was beneficial as, I was able to generate numerous different ways to represent the same concept. This advanced me in my project as I now I have a library of ideas to refer to and develop, which also bounce of each other. This process was beneficial in the sense that I could see what thumbnail sketches/ideas stood up better and made more sense in comparison to the others, where I could weasel out the average ideas/thumbnails and find the ones that had the most potential.  




No comments:

Post a Comment